This page last updated by Jon 1st October 2020
ezTrap has been acquired by Sailwave
For details please see the ezTrap section of the Website here:-
Sailwave is a popular, fully-featured, easy-to-use, multi-lingual, sailing results/scoring application for Windows – running on other platforms via Windows emulation software.
In 2012 Colin was given an award for contributions to sailing by the Welsh Yachting Association and in 2013 a National Award presented by HRH Princess Royal from the Royal Yachting Association.
Sailwave is used internationally at all levels of the sport, from sailing club dinghy/yacht racing/regattas to regional and world championships.
Flexible publishing tools allow results to be targeted to web browsers, blogs, websites, email, and sailing news sites like Yachts and Yachting. In the UK you can also use it to send your handicap returns to the Royal Yachting Association instead of work it out on paper.
A User Manual is available (See the Help menu)
In addition to the help available on this website, friendly help and advice from hundreds of experienced Sailwave users and the authors are available from the Sailwave User Group.
Why not visit our fancy NEW FORUM now and read some of the very useful posts contributed by the users. There is no need to signup to browse. If you signup you can post questions and participate, additionally you can also get a summary emailed to you weekly (You can even specify if you would prefer monthly or daily). Click the support on the menu above or click here
Please use the group for all communication so that the most appropriate person can respond.
Although primarily used at sailing events and regattas, Sailwave is also used for many other water sports including windsurfing, kite-surfing, ice yachting, land yachts, model boats, archery and even in virtual world sailing regattas.
- Runs natively on all versions of Windows. It can also be run on Linux, Apple Mac and Intel-based Chromebooks for more info please see this link Which operating systems
- No extra programs or licenses are required such as Excel. Completely self-contained.
- RYA returns facility. Send elapsed times to the RYA over the internet. No need to do an annual return!
- Upload load your results to the Sail wave results folder.
- Send results to World Sailing using their XML regatta specification.
- Sailwave is supported via the Sailwave User Group (SUG).
- World Sailing RRS 2017-2020 Appendix A compliant.
- Support for languages other than English via locale files, which users can create for themselves or download from this web site.
- Fast results entry via the Sail Number Wizard.
- Elapsed time, start/finish time, place and retirement code finishes all supported.
- Send your news (reports, results, and photos) directly to the Yachts and Yachting magazine website.
- Appendix LE Addendum C capability. Flights can be scored with multiple 1sts, 2nds, etc., even if they have been recorded with elapsed times or start/finish times. A series can be set up with qualifying and finals races.
- Round-robin flights.
- World Sailing Submission 025 Olympic format medal race capability.
- Integrated World Sailing Sailor support.
- Team15 windsurfing support.
- Windsurfing tie break support.
- Publish to web documents (HTML) for upload to web sites or printing or emailing.
- Publish to email attachments if you have a MAPI compliant email client.
- Publish directly into programs like Microsoft Word and Excel etc.
- Publish a series summary and/or individual race details (elapsed, corrected, etc).
- Publish retirement sheets, competitor lists, alternative penalty sheets, etc.
- Import race data collected by timing devices via a CSV file.
- User definable templates (HTML) and styles (CSS).
- User-definable rating systems via flexible expressions.
- Performance feedback in results based on elapsed times.
- Initial rating systems include: RYA PY & NHC, USSA PN, SCHRS, Texel, PHRF (TOD & TOT), CHS, IR2000 (IRC & IRM), ECHO, Victorian, General TCF, RORC.
- User-definable low and high point scoring systems via flexible expressions.
- Initial low and high point systems include World Sailing Low Point, Bonus Point, Rinderle B, Austrian.
- One-design, handicap, and average lap racing.
- Flexible scoring: score across all competitors or by fleet, club, nationality, etc.
- Wind indexed rating values available across all rating systems.
- Support for the RYA National Cruiser Handicap scheme. Further details available here.
Image already added