A new version of Sailwave which introduces some new features
- This is the first version to be digitally signed with a certificate. Hopefully, it will reduce the number of false positives that are generated by anti-virus software. You will at least be guaranteed that no one has tampered with the install file.
- This version is the first one published on the Sailwave site to be built with a new version of the compiler and this enables touch control to scroll the data around. So if you have a touch-enabled device give it a go.
- RORC high point scoring is in Beta in this version. The RORC factors are not implemented for RORC series as yet.
- This Version also has Ice boat support in Beta.
- The import from csv has been reworked and expanded – see documentation on the Sailwave web site
- The install also contains updated versions of SWCList, ISAF (World Sailing) interface and the SWHelper for NHC scoring which now supports internal calculations when you are using PY numbers.
- You will also notice some cosmetic and font changes.
This update is supplied as a full install containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.28.0. You need to download from the link below and run the installer. If you have any issues installing please try running the installer as administrator by right-clicking the sw2_28_0.exe file and selecting run as administrator.
Huw has tested the installer under Linux without any problems but points out if you are using Wine you should be using at least version 3.0. If you want to run the World Sailing (ISAF) interface with Wine or on a Mac please ask for help or see instructions on the Sailwave User Group.
Please report any issues and I will try to fix them
It can be downloaded from
One nice new additional feature, some enhancements, and some improvements. Further enhancements for translation of Sailwave into different languages. This update is supplied as a full install containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.25.4. You need to download from the link below and run the installer.
Changes in this version from 2.25.2 are
- A new feature is a Search/Filter box to the ribbon so that it is possible to selectively display competitors and easily find competitors should you wish to edit them. As you type in the Search/ Filter box only competitors that match what has been typed are displayed. This is updated live rather like a Google search. Clear the box to ensure all competitors are displayed.
Any full or partial match in Fleet, Flight, Class, Division, Boat, HelmName, CrewName, SailNo, AltSailNo, Club will cause the competitor to be displayed
- The Tools – Set competitor field and Tools – Seed competitor field now use the name you supplied for renaming the columns. Previously if you renamed a column you had to remember and use the default field name. This is now all handled by the Sailwave software for you.
- Some additional strings are translated.
Further enhancements for Translation of Sailwave into different languages. This update is supplied as a full install containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.25.2 . You need to download from the link below and run the installer.
Changes in this version from 2.25.2 are
- Splash screen displayed during startup for versions using Locale files while they are loaded.
- Some additional strings are translated
- Some duplicates have been removed
- Both Italian and German translations are included in the installer and both are configured automatically when their respective language is detected on the PC upon which it is being installed
- Italian version now have the Italian Federation logo FIV
Big enhancements for Translation of Sailwave into different languages. This update is supplied as a full install containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.25.1 . You need to download from the link below and run the installer.
Changes in this version from 2.24 are
- The main changes in this version from 2.24 are greatly enhanced support for translations (Locales). Version 2.24 allowed you to supply translations for all the text associated with each screen but not messages and text that changed the default text.
- V2.25 now has the same file as previously so you can still use that as a starting point but some screens were missing previously these are now included.
- An additional File now holds translations for the other text that needs translation such as Error messages and right click menus. Instructions and the file for translation are available for download, please see the instructions in the Locale Library section which have all been updated.
- V2,25 includes the Italian translation as standard and recognises if the machine is Italian at the point of installation. If it is Italian it automatically configures Sailwave to use the Italian translation. But it is possible to switch it back to English if so wished. If other countries are interested in this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Column headers (Fields) can now be also included in the translation. These are Translated when a new series is created so the scorer can still rename them as they wish.
- Users can still modify / add translations using a plain text editor.
- UFD as a scoring code is included automatically for new series.
If you find any phrases or text that is missing from the translation please let us know. If you have new translations that you would like to share please contact email@example.com and we can publish them on the Sailwave Locale Library.
This update is supplied as a full install containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.18.5 a new SWHelper.exe, new SWISAF.exe and examples. You need to download from the link below and run the installer.
Changes in this version from 2.17 are
On the rating system tab there is now a tick box at the bottom labelled Excel Link. If you run NHC in External Debug mode it normally defaults to using the SWNHC3.xls template to perform its calculations. With this version you can now tick the box Excel link and supply a different name for the template. In this example it will use the NHC 2015 specification template which is included with this install. Note at the time of writing – Sailwave don’t recommend the use of the 2015 version other than for experimentation. The Excel link name is stored within the blw Sailwave file so is remembered for the series. Future versions of Sailwave will expand the use of the Excel link box.
- You can now press F2 (Similar to Excel ) to edit a cell.
- Updated Sailracer functions
- Some Cosmetic and spelling fixes and minor bug fixes
NOTE:- As a lot of antivirus programs don’t like the fact that Sailwave can send emails directly they have been generating false positives that the program is a virus, for this reason and also that many people now use web based mail, the install does not contain the files necessary to send emails. If you require this function you can download the following zip file and unzip it to the same directory that contains the Sailwave.exe typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Sailwave\
Please let me have any feedback so that we can release this as a full version firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes in this version from 2.17.0 are
- This version removes the error message that the scored position is greater than the number of competitors – This makes it easier to delete competitors or complete fleets and rescore without having to readjust there recorded positions – Typically you would have had to use the Tools – Rearrange recorded position tool.
- Fix a bug in the Tools rearrange recorded position if there is a competitor with a code and no recorded position. The tool was creating a recorded position of zero which then caused an error when scoring.
This update is supplied as a zip file containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.17.1 and the new SWHelper.exe 1.5.0. You need to extract the zip and replace the two above files in the directory C:\Program Files\Sailwave or C:\Program Files (x86)\Sailwave (for 64 bit operating systems) .
This version adds another displayable column “NewRating” – This has been a commonly requested feature for NHC users so they can now publish the rating that will be used for the next race in the results of the series. Use as you would any other column except this column is automatically updated when the series is scored
The country codes have been updated to the latest codes from ISAF to reflect the changes and additions of countries
The focus when editing results has been changed as per the discussion on the Sailwave User Group
Importing competitors from another Sailwave blw file has been fixed as per the discussion on the Sailwave User Group
This update is supplied as a zip file containing the Sailwave.exe version 2.17.0 and the new SWHelper.exe 1.5.0. You need to extract the zip and replace the two above files in the directory C:\Program Files\Sailwave or C:\Program Files (x86)\Sailwave (for 64 bit operating systems) .
This version adds the ability to further control the discards in Qualifier and Finals events. Previous versions allow a discard profile for the event and an additional profile for the maximum no of discards in the finals. This version adds the ability to add a discard profile for the minimum no of discards in the finals. So when used in combination with the maximum you can now specify an absolute number of discards in finals, a minimum or a maximum for each race. This is an exe only so for most users please install the full install 2.14.11 below – If you need this additional feature download this from the following link and replace the Sailwave.exe with this one.
Below is an screen shot showing the new functionality
As usual any feedback appreciated
You can download Version 2.14.11 from the link below. This is a full install and updates all the files in the program files directory.
This is a full install for the exe only version 2.14.11 which was recently released via the Sailwave User Group
This is the first Sailwave released here built with the latest Clarion 9 compiler.
Some of the changes include:-
- Support for the new NHC 2014 algorithm – Regatta mode removed. New SWHelper to support 2014 algorithm.
- Page breaks when printing from the browser should now work in Chrome and IE previously they were only working in Firefox.
- Change PYS ip address for uploads to the RYA, to match new address change from RYA.
- Change Team points calculation to allow 0 points for missing competitors.
- Fix issue with XML output when multiple scoring systems configured.
- Excluded competitors are no longer output in the XML output so as to make the files smaller and faster to handle.
- Fix issue with Custom rating system – Test expressions.
- Correct saving of Notes field – bug was introduced in previous beta version.
- Time stamp for ISAF now has leading 0 added automatically if required.
- Support for the new ISAF XRR format – More coming soon
- Additional data is now capable of being translated for other languages.
- Correct the extra <\td>’s in the codes used section.
- SailRacer template updated for 2014.
- Some cosmetic changes and minor bug fixes.
Please report any issues you find. Thank you for your help.
You can download Version 2.12.3 from the link below. Note this is an exe only.
Please do a full install of 2.9.7 and replace the Sailwave.exe with this file renaming it to Sailwave.exe
This version is based on Version 2.12.2 with the following modifications
- Fix issue with points for ties when previous code in order of rank was a RDG code
Any Feedback – Greatfully received