From version 2.8.3 entry of finish times within the sail number wizard have been changed to optimize the quick entry of data. Rules for entry in the other areas have not changed and are covered under the previous section.
- Finishing times such as 123456 will get “:”‘s entered automatically so it becomes 12:34:56.
- Finishing times entered in this format are checked and you get an error beep and prompted to re-enter if the hour > 23, minute > 59 or second > 59.
- You don’t need to enter a leading 0 so 92345 becomes 09:23:45.
- You don’t need to enter trailing seconds if it is an exact minute so 923 becomes 09:23:00.
- You don’t need to enter trailing minutes for an exact hour so 9 becomes 09:00:00.
2 thoughts on “Finish time entry with sail number wizard”
This is horrible – I time in seconds and want to enter as a number of secodns 5746 secodsn becomes 57:46 which is totally different! can it be disabled
Copy of Email Reply 21 April 2013 10:03
If you want to enter in seconds rather than hours and minutes simply precede you entry with a plus symbol. Example to enter 5476 seconds enter as +5476.
The plus symbol is on the Numeric keypad so its still nice and quick to enter.
This is documented on the Sailwave web site.
Copy of Email Reply 21 April 2013 11:55