This effect scrolls the published page to the bottom, pauses for while then quickly scrolls back up to the top of the page and repeats indefinitely.
It is useful when displaying results on a big screen at events.
It can be downloaded from here.
It can take two URL parameters:-
- step defines the incremental scroll distance in pixels. Default is 2.
- speed defines how long to wait in miliseconds before the next incremental scroll. Default is 70.
- sailwave.com/results/ColinJ/test.htm (default)
- sailwave.com/results/ColinJ/test.htm?speed=35 (faster)
- sailwave.com/results/ColinJ/test.htm?speed=35&step=1 (smoother)
- sailwave.com/results/ColinJ/test.htm?step=10&speed=500 (slower and clunkier)
One thought on “Scroller (Colin J)”
Hi – which parameters in the script file control how long the pause is at the bottom and how fast it scrolls up ? I would like to modify it so that it stays a bit on the top, a bit on the bottom, and then scrolls up much much faster